Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign changes and setting up alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A client wants access to their campaign in our MCC, however, once they have access...they may inadvertantly make changes to bidding, daily spend caps, and other settings.

Is it possible to set up an alert that is emailed to me everytime a change has been made by someone I give access to or in general?  This way, I'll know if they made a change and what that change was.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign changes and setting up alerts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rockgin,

I prefer total transparency and make sure that clients always have Admin access from the beginning. But not all clients need or want it and up to now, this seems the case with you and your client. 

Are you anticipating 'inadvertant' changes or expecting changes in general made by your client?  If they are not interested in making changes and are just looking for a way to check in on the account, can you give them "Read Only" access? 

As far as alerts on edits to the account, I'm not 100% positive but I think you may need to rely on your 'Change History' reports - they can be sorted by user for quick access to what has been done to the account.

Hope this helps

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’