AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign call extension clicks - what are they?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I create a custom report it says I've only had 15 phone impressions, and 0 calls and cost. However in campaign call extensions it says around 45 clicks and 3 thousand impressions with an associated cost.

Am I right in understanding these are different metrics being measured? I only recently enabled the call forwarding so is it a case that it hasn't yet taken effect and would have - or is the 45 clicks something else?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rovtech S
October 2015

Re: Campaign call extension clicks - what are they?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Rovtech,

The clicks, impressions, and other metrics in the Call Extensions area show the clicks, etc. on an ad that had the call extension showing, not necessarily on the call extension itself. 

Once your Google Forwarding number has been running a bit longer, you should be able to see those phone calls in "Calls from Ads" under Tools > Conversions at the top of your page.  You can also see in-depth call reporting features in the Dimensions tab of the campaign you have the forwarding number assigned to, by clicking on the Dimensions tab and then selecting View: Call Details from the dropdown button on the top left under the tabs.

Does this help?

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rovtech S
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Rovtech,

The clicks, impressions, and other metrics in the Call Extensions area show the clicks, etc. on an ad that had the call extension showing, not necessarily on the call extension itself. 

Once your Google Forwarding number has been running a bit longer, you should be able to see those phone calls in "Calls from Ads" under Tools > Conversions at the top of your page.  You can also see in-depth call reporting features in the Dimensions tab of the campaign you have the forwarding number assigned to, by clicking on the Dimensions tab and then selecting View: Call Details from the dropdown button on the top left under the tabs.

Does this help?

Cassie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Rovtech S

To simplify it, use segment option and select click type to know more about where you got clicks from.

Call Extensions >> Segment >> click Type

And the overall clicks are for other clicks on other part of the ad example: site link head line.

If you look into segment type, I hope you will find answer for yourself.  And this is not effect of forwarding number.

Go through with the below screen shot for details.

cal_ext.JPG

Thanks,

Aravindhu.