Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign and adgroup structure

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

Im building my first campaign now and was wondering if I could get some advice? I advertise on the keywords 'Yacht Charters','Boat Rentals' and 'Sailing Holidays' with over 43 different locations keywords e.g 'Greece', 'Crotai' etc. I advertise to everyone in the 'English'language. My question is should I build separate campaigns for each 'location' e.g 'Greece' and have different ad groups such as ';yacht charter' and 'sailing holidays'; in each campaign. Or should I have 1 campaign with different adgroups and lump the locations in with the keywords 'sailing holiday' etc

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Campaign and adgroup structure

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

If you are going to target the English language only, so there's no need to create more than one campaign. One campaign targeting the preferred locations is enough.

Also, it is not necessary to include countries' names in the keywords, the system is smart enough to detect it.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

If you are going to target the English language only, so there's no need to create more than one campaign. One campaign targeting the preferred locations is enough.

Also, it is not necessary to include countries' names in the keywords, the system is smart enough to detect it.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sail,

You can create start by creating a single campaign and after reviewing performance you create a separate campaign if you wish to allocate a separate budget to specific location or specific service.

regards,
Rahul Goel

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sail,

I would definitely go with your approach here. Firstly, I have followed a similar approach for most of my accounts and have managed to record good numbers using this approach.

By creating different campaigns, we are able to manage the spends for all of these locations easily and optimize them with ease. Not every theme would work for all the locations so this approach will allow you to identify such themes and possibly replicate the performance in another campaign/ location.

Also using location based keywords is also not a bad approach as it will help you filter out better quality leads as you are sure that users using such keywords are further in the conversion/ buying cycle.

Do give these approaches a try and let us know your findings.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"