Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Structure For Search For US

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My concern is this. Suppose there is this need of setting up a search campaign for the US. Have $1000 as daily budget and..I mean we are good to go.

So, my thinking says that we should divide the US either by:

Time Zone or

creating 50 campaigns for 50 locations or

Putting all states in one campaign and include them in location in settings. (This might call for huge budget it seems)

What's should be ideal set up?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ncc J
January 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Ncc J

Having worked and working on international campaigns, I agree with @James_Clemens and structure per campaign. This may sound huge, but the use of adwords editor makes this easy for you. There would be clear advantages I believe in doing it this way opposed to 1 campaign and 50 locations. The advantages would be in optimisation of states and assessing their characteristics individually. A little further down the line, depending on your campaign objectives, you may consider flexible bidding or target CPA to let the bidding system work for you towards your goals. More can be found here on flexible bidding https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en-GB

Best of luck

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ncc J,

There are a few ways to do this (and most anything) but personally, I like setting up each state as a campaign and then breaking down the ad group accordingly. This can also help with controlling (shutting down) states that end up with low performance or amping up those that do really well. 

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ncc J
January 2017

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Ncc J

Having worked and working on international campaigns, I agree with @James_Clemens and structure per campaign. This may sound huge, but the use of adwords editor makes this easy for you. There would be clear advantages I believe in doing it this way opposed to 1 campaign and 50 locations. The advantages would be in optimisation of states and assessing their characteristics individually. A little further down the line, depending on your campaign objectives, you may consider flexible bidding or target CPA to let the bidding system work for you towards your goals. More can be found here on flexible bidding https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2979071?hl=en-GB

Best of luck

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you so much Smiley Happy