Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Statistics for Universal App Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have created a new Universal App Campaign for one of my apps. I can see the no. of impressions, clicks, and conversions(installs) for my campaign. But, I want to see more detailed statistics like:

In which location, was my add shown?

Which type of ad generated best conversions?

In which device, my ad was shown?

If it was a search ad, what keyword triggered my app?

if the ad was shown inside an app, which app was it?

Can anyone help me in finding these stats in dashboard?

I am not sure, but I think this type of stats is available for ads that we create manually. For other campaign types, we have a create an ad manually, but in Universal App Campaign, ads are created automatically, so there is no tab to access the ads statistics in the dashbaord.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: Campaign Statistics for Universal App Campaign

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Nitish,

My apologies, as it looks like I was mistaken. This level of reporting breakdown is not available in Universal App Campaigns--they're designed for developers who don't have time to manage separate mobile app-install or app-engagement campaigns. If you want more in-depth reporting beyond downloads, then you will want to try setting up one of those campaigns instead.

I've also updated this thread so that this will be marked as the "best solution" for anyone who finds it in the future.

Thanks,
Cassie

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Ujjawal,

Universal App campaigns are designed not to need much optimization, and as such, there's not quite as much data available on these campaigns as you'll find in Search Only or Display Only campaigns. A breakdown of keyword and placement performance is not available at this point.

EDIT 2/4/16: Location reporting is not available in Universal App Campaigns.

If you want more control over the campaign targeting and performance, you might consider creating a Mobile App Install or Mobile App Engagement campaign instead.

Hope this helps!

Cassie

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Very interesting campaign type this one - with almost no reporting at all.
One gets kinda suspicious - are you trying to hide something?!?

In my campaign I don´t even see stats undre the settings tab, that you refer to.

Don´t know how to report this to client...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,
I don't see any location stats in campaign settings as mentioned above!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Nitish,

My apologies, as it looks like I was mistaken. This level of reporting breakdown is not available in Universal App Campaigns--they're designed for developers who don't have time to manage separate mobile app-install or app-engagement campaigns. If you want more in-depth reporting beyond downloads, then you will want to try setting up one of those campaigns instead.

I've also updated this thread so that this will be marked as the "best solution" for anyone who finds it in the future.

Thanks,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any idea when better reporting will be offered? Or better yet, why it takes SO LONG for UAC to ramp up? I'm astounded that after a week of running UAC ad units, Google has only spent $97 of my budget, which is set at $80/day. And conversion costs are about half of what I set as my target CPA, so that's obviously not the problem.

When will the campaign actually ramp up? 10 days? 2 weeks? Google should be a lot more explicit in its materials about the fact that these campaigns start REALLY SLOWLY. I've seen lots of questions about this online in various places.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Strange, I have the opposite exerience - no problem spending!

I´d try to increase CPA although it is lower than expected.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting!
I actually have Universal campaigns running.
One works incredibly well, no problem spending.
The other one doesn't get off the ground and has received 2 clicks yesterday (0 downloads) for a free app! CPA was at $5... now I raised to $10... Seems odd, not to see results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can check country wise stats if you choose to enter specific countries in "Location section" of your UAC Campaign but if you are trying to run UAC worldwide then you can`t get country wise stats.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since is was solved over a year ago.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.