3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am wondering if someone can review the first campaign I set up to make sure everything looks ok. Setup was more complex than I expected. Also, I chose an image ad and have not yet uploaded anything. Looks like there are multiple size specs to choose from and not ever sure where to start there.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Review

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Renee,

Primarily I just want to warn you about granting strangers access to your AdWords account as this could be disastrous for obvious reasons.

You might be best contacting Google directly as they are a safe option to help you with your account structure, you can contact them via a few different means here.

With regards to the image ad sizes it might be worth experimenting with different variations to see which perform best. There have been studies made on which do better than others, this link discusses it from an AdSense perspective but it will apply to AdWords also -

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/17955?ctx=as2&rd=3

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Campaign Review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe you are already done with your basic campaign settings. Here you stopped choosing the right Image size.

So far as Image & Video based advertising are concerned are normally delivered to Display Network. Most of the times on different forums, I spoke to several publisher participating in Adsense. As per them the most revenue generating ad sizes are Leaderboard & medium rectangle.It means as an advertiser the most impression generating & clicks attracting.

Why?

1. Leaderboard are always can be found in either headers or footers of a website. If its applied on header. It will create impressions, even the page speed is slow.

2. Medium Rectangles are used mostly above the fold. It means the next possibility to get better visibility without accruing useless impressions after leaderboard is medium rectangle specially 350X350. 

So for tests you can go ahead with the two above formats.

Thanks