Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Problems

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello.

I want one of my videos to show up on YouTube when someone searches for "Red Roses".

Currently, not interested to show the advert when someone watches a video. Only when someone searches for one.

So I have set-up a campaign with search keywords: "Red", "Roses" and "Red Roses". My Max CPC is (converted from my currency) about 0.0015 USD (lowest input allowed).

I understand that this CPC is very low, however, there are no other ads in the results page after searching for "Red Roses". For this reason, I believe my ad should show since I cannot be outbid by another ad (since there is none).

My problem is that it does not show at all. I have checked for my campaign to be "active", the targeting group is also "active". I have funds on my account - yet nothing after many days!

What am I doing wrong?

How it looks like now: http://i.imgur.com/nCCAtKE.png

How I want it to show: http://i.imgur.com/P8ToZ62.png

Thanks.

Re: Campaign Problems

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Is this a AdWords for Video campaign or a campaign in the main AdWords interface?

There could be several reasons your ad isn´t showing, amongst them:
a) you quality score (a measure of relevance) is too low. To get a higher ad rank, you need to increase and/or increase bid
b) this keyword is "Low search volume", thus inactive
c) you are targeting a geographical area where your own IP adress is not

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

It is an AdWords for Video campaign.

- how do I check (a)?
- even if it is of low search volume, would it not show when I search for it my self? I used "Red Roses" just as an example. The actual keywords I use are generally popular.
- I have included all countries and tried from proxies to doublecheck that it is not (c).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I should add, by the way, that the exact same campaign worked perfectly fine not 2 weeks ago with 2.000.000 ad impressions & 50.000 clicks in just 5 days.

All of a sudden, I'm struggling to get 10 clicks/day and I've tried everything: Changed tageting group settings, QUADRUPLED the Max CPC costs, everything!

I don't get it...

N/A
# 5
N/A

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

a) sorry, no quality score column in AdWords for Video interface
b) nope, low search volume means it´snt active to trigger ad

Seems like the other thread might have found the source of the mystery? Keep us updated!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I'm very positive about the Enhanced Campaigns being the source of problem.

I performed a test from another account (that did not have Enhanced Campaigns on) with the same settings (bid, targeting group, etc) on the same video.

The differences were enormous!

10.000 thumbnail impressions and 700 clicks on the new account VS 0 impressions and 0 clicks on the regular one.

Needs fix ASAP!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
1. Check your Location Targeting
2. Check if you have correct "Viewing Videos About" and "Interested In". Check the estimates on right frame.
3. Are you using "Content keywords" or "Target people who are searching"? Please make sure to type your keywords in "Target people who are searching". Make sure you activate this by enabling the check box for "Target people who are searching" and add your keywords.
4. I hope your ads are having the status "Serving Approved"

BTW, even if you do not have competition , Google does have minimum bid value for a keyword.

If you are fine with all these, please go ahead and raise a support ticket. They do get back promptly.

Regards,
Balu.
www.locsea.com/blog.php

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
1. Checked. It shows in all Regions & Countries.
2. Checked. "All interests" & "Any Topic" Selected.
3. Checked. There are 50 keywords.
4. Checked.

Regarding the minimum bid value: I used to have 0.01$ bids and got in 3 days 2.000.000 views with 50.000 clicks (this was last month). Now, with SAME settings I get nothing.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Check if your video ad is associated with your Target. Click on Ads tab and edit it. Go to end of the page and check Target.
I hope you have correct Campaign Start Date

I can't think of anything else.

I think you may want to raise a support ticket with Adwords if you have checked all above.

Regards,
Balu.