2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does we need campaign to run for phone call tracking from website if someone clicks on phone number from website? if so how much cost for it. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August

Call tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dinesh C,

AdWords will track the conversions only when a users completes the conversion action clicking the ads.

So, AdWords campaign is must to track any kind of conversion even if you import the goals from Google Analytics into AdWords.

You will be charges only for the ad click.

About call reporting

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August

Call tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dinesh C,

AdWords will track the conversions only when a users completes the conversion action clicking the ads.

So, AdWords campaign is must to track any kind of conversion even if you import the goals from Google Analytics into AdWords.

You will be charges only for the ad click.

About call reporting

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Call tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I used my business number on my website and add extension using google call
forwarding. If someone clicks the number and call, it comes under ad?

--
regards
∂เиэรђ
(9884749758)

Call tracking

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There are two options to track here.  You can track the "click to call" in the ad when the phone number shows.  This is a click before the user hits your site.

You can also track the manually dialed calls from your site, but you have to set up the website call conversion tracking.  It will dynamically change the phone number on the page to a tracking number.