Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call to action in Ad copy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

According to Google it is possible to have different call to action overlays and thumbnails for the same video. I am running a number of campaigns with the same video, but I would like to use different ad text. Whenever I try to change the overlay for a single campaign though, it gets changed across all campaigns. Any help would be much appreciated.

Lars

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call to action in Ad copy.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If I am not mistaken here, whenever inside a Video Campaign, you create a new Video Ad, you get an option of include the Ad attributes which are mandatory. So one option to try different call to actions could be that you select the same video everytime and include your different call to actions everytime you create a new video ad. Also, in your campaign settings, choose ad rotation as Rotate evenly so that Adwords can show your ads evenly on Google Network.

Doing this will help you identify which ad works well and which not.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Re: Call to action in Ad copy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I confused the call-to-action overlay with ad text. While it is possible to have different ad text for different videos, it is not possible to change the call-to-action overlay for the same video in different campaigns.