1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call only campaign - Details about the ad score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a decent understanding of the ad score as it relates to a standard text ad.  However I would like to understand what if anything is different for a call only campaign.  Of is the ad score relevant for this type of campaign?

The entire reason I setup the call only campaign is because I only have a landing page online right now while my full website is under development.  Yet keywords that are extremely relevant to my business still have a low score.  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Call only campaign - Details about the ad score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Brad,

In Call Only campaigns, landing pages do not play any role in deciding the quality score or ad ranks. However, the factors like Expected Click Through Rate, Ad Relevance, and your Bids do play the decisive roles. 

If your keywords are extremely relevant to your business, you are already in the right direction. Now make sure you are writing ads texts wisely and bidding sufficiently to bring in more efficiency. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I really appreciate the reply, however this directly contradicts what a google support rep told me on the phone yesterday.

Also, if the ad score has nothing to do with the landing page, then help me understand why the keyword "Landscape lighting" scores a 3/10. This is for a company that installs landscape lighting and the ad mentions "landscape lighting"...

The entire reason I setup a call only campaign was because my landing page is weak right now... but the only reasonable explanation of the low ad score is the landing page.

As I mentioned... greatly appreciate the help, but this is not adding up.

Thanks,
Brad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Brad W wrote:
if the ad score has nothing to do with the landing page, then help me understand why the keyword "Landscape lighting" scores a 3/10. This is for a company that installs landscape lighting and the ad mentions "landscape lighting"...

@Brad W

While mentioning the keyword in the ad becomes more important in Call-Only ad, yet it does not mean that you will have a great quality score for this reason only. 

Please note that factors like Expected Click Through Rate and bids still play a major role here. Bid sufficiently to be in the higher ad positions and write your ads in a more convincing manner so that your potential customers may find your ads to be more appealing and relevant to what they are looking for.

Once you are start getting better CTR, your QS would start having a positive impact of it and eventually you would be paying lesser for a click.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They do play a role. I am running a call only campaign and its showing landing page experience as average.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Although, how awkward it may sound landing page do make a difference. I am running a call only campaign and my quality score diagnosis it shows landing page experience average. You need put keywords in your website or on the back end at least in my niche, no matter what people tell you I am telling you from my experience.