1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call only Campaign Clicks are being reported with no calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Call only campaign running now and I see clicks being reported on my ad words dashboard.  However I have not received any of these calls.  For what its worth, I am using the call google forwarding with hopes of gaining more insight into the calls. 

What would cause this?  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brad W
September 2015

Re: Call only Campaign Clicks are being reported with no calls

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brad,

Every click that you get on your ad or on 'call button' does not necessarily convert into a call. Why? Okay, I will explain. 

In the context of a call-only campaign, when somebody clicks your ad or call button, it takes them to their phone's number dialling interface where your phone number gets pasted by itself. This is where AdWords records a click. But there's one more step, the user needs to touch the final call/dial button on their phone's interface to get the call actually connected. If the person does so, you get a call. 

Hence, all clicks do not necessary convert into calls. Running your campaign for sometime, you can analyse as to what percentage of clicks are converting into calls for you. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brad W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brad,

Every click that you get on your ad or on 'call button' does not necessarily convert into a call. Why? Okay, I will explain. 

In the context of a call-only campaign, when somebody clicks your ad or call button, it takes them to their phone's number dialling interface where your phone number gets pasted by itself. This is where AdWords records a click. But there's one more step, the user needs to touch the final call/dial button on their phone's interface to get the call actually connected. If the person does so, you get a call. 

Hence, all clicks do not necessary convert into calls. Running your campaign for sometime, you can analyse as to what percentage of clicks are converting into calls for you. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I suppose that makes sense... unfortunate (for me) that I have to bid aggressively to get these clicks and then the phone isn't ringing. Thanks for the reply!

Brad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Just read the reason for the difference between clicks and calls received. It totally makes sense. What would you suggest , how can this difference be minimized?