AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call extension - hide number

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

I wanna have call extension but I dont wanna anyone to see my phonenumebr.

Is it possible to show only call button?

Thank you

-Lukas

- Lukas
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Call extension - hide number

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukas,

As Ankit said that call button can only be displayed on Mobile devices but on desktop and laptops your phone no. will be shown the way it is. There is no option to hide your phone no.

But there is an option through which you can only show your ad extension to mobile devices. So this way your no. will be shown to mobile users with call button and for desktop users it will not be displayed.

You can see the device selection option at the bottom of the extension.

mobile extension.JPG

Hope that helps,

Nouman

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If the Call button appears on a mobile search instead of a clickable phone number depends from what I have seen , simply on the browser.

On the mobile browsers such as Chrome or Maxthon, a mobile search shows only clickable phone numbers, but on mobile browsers such as Firefox or Opera, the Call extension appears in search as phone number instead of the call button.

You can test this for your self.

Unfortunately we do not have an option to show only call button or only phone number for mobile searches.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukas,

The Call button only be displayed when we have setup a Call Extension for Mobile Devices. For desktop/laptops, phone numbers come without Call button.

Visit this link for more info:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukas,

As Ankit said that call button can only be displayed on Mobile devices but on desktop and laptops your phone no. will be shown the way it is. There is no option to hide your phone no.

But there is an option through which you can only show your ad extension to mobile devices. So this way your no. will be shown to mobile users with call button and for desktop users it will not be displayed.

You can see the device selection option at the bottom of the extension.

mobile extension.JPG

Hope that helps,

Nouman

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If the Call button appears on a mobile search instead of a clickable phone number depends from what I have seen , simply on the browser.

On the mobile browsers such as Chrome or Maxthon, a mobile search shows only clickable phone numbers, but on mobile browsers such as Firefox or Opera, the Call extension appears in search as phone number instead of the call button.

You can test this for your self.

Unfortunately we do not have an option to show only call button or only phone number for mobile searches.