AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call Tracking - what counts as a call?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey all,

I have call conversion tracking set that if someone clicks my call extension and has a call that lasts more than 20 seconds, it counts as a conversion on AdWords.

My question is: If someone clicks my call extension, and stays on hold for 20 seconds but no one picks up, will Google still count that as a conversion? Or does the phone call need to actually be picked up for it to count?

Thanks in advance!

APRIL

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This depends on the type of tracking system you installed. With a  Google forwarding number the count starts once the call is connected.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I'm guessing that in most cases it will count as a conversion.  If you check the dimensions tab and "view call details" you can see the total number of calls (including the ones not counted as a conversion).  This might help you figure out your answer.  It will show missed calls as well.