Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call Only Campaign Charged Per Click?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am new with Adwords. I read here on this article http://www.lsainsider.com/pay-per-call-google-introduces-call-only-adwords-units/archives#sthash.1EZ...

On the last paragraph it said that Google has finally introduce "pure" call only ads.

So I am asking if we setup our Call Only ads as pure call only, why I seem to see my report that I am charged per click cost?

I am assuming that I will be charged per call I receive from the ads, correct?

So inline with that, If I saw my report that I got 8 clicks, does that mean I got 8 calls actually not click?

Basically I want to setup an add that gets pure clicks and I am charged by calls not clicks.

Please advise...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soleh U
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

It's a good question.  A click is when they click on the click to call button.  They don't always complete the call.  Also, for your conversion metric you may require a call to be a specific length to count as a conversion.  So, not every click will be a call or conversion.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I get some answer from this article https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7159344?hl=en - calls are shown as clicks in the report. 

But appreciated if anyone would put some additional notes to my question pls 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soleh U
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

It's a good question.  A click is when they click on the click to call button.  They don't always complete the call.  Also, for your conversion metric you may require a call to be a specific length to count as a conversion.  So, not every click will be a call or conversion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The amount of "clicks" you get charged for on a "call only" campaign can vary great.  Yesterday we had a campaign charged for 87 clicks, and we only got 40 phone calls.  The 47 clicks we got charged for that were not calls, nor did get see our site, or anything cost us over $500.  So be careful, and keep track. 

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

@Shanee_Kirk hit the nail on the head. With call only ads the only option a user has is to initiate a phone call on a mobile device. If their intention was to visit the website, then they are likely to abandon that call. If you are going to use call only ads, then make sure you make it clear in your ads that a click will result in a phone call. When using call tracking I have found that more actual calls are received when you give users all the available options. Call from the ad, or visit the site, the choice is up to you.

If you don't give them a choice, or the initiated action is unclear, you're not going to get the result you are looking for.

Tom