Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Q1: Does Call Extentions costs on Desktop, I have seen it costs me

Q2: Adding Call extensions for desktop is right or wrong.

Q3: Call extensions on desktop shows me some clicks and spent but I can see it's not clickable.

Please let me know? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPC S
September 2015

Re: Call Extension Question

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@PPC S,

From the same screen where you posted the screenshot from, go to Segment > Click Type. Now take a look at the segmented report. Does it make things clear?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @PPC S,

1. There's no additional cost for Call Extension. You pay the usual cost for your ads' clicks. If you see any cost in the report, it must be indicating your ads' cost when they appeared with Call Extensions. Such costs are not specific to Call Extensions.

2. There's no harm in enabling 'Call Extension' for desktop devices, rather it increases the chances of calls being made. Consider a situation where someone sees your ad, does not click it, and types your phone number in the mobile and calls you up. You got this call free Smiley Happy

3. Call Extensions on desktops are not clickable. They show up as texts. If you see the clicks/cost, refer to the first explanation above. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you see Clicks & Cost, Screenshot has been taken from Ad extensions and Why it's showing here.

08-09-2015 16-47-45.jpg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPC S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@PPC S,

From the same screen where you posted the screenshot from, go to Segment > Click Type. Now take a look at the segmented report. Does it make things clear?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great, Thanks Smiley Happy you made me clear now Smiley Happy