AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension Conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

To accurately track call conversions all the way down to the keyword level wouldn't Google have to assign a uniqiue phone number for every unique campaign+ad group+keyword combination?  That would be a gazillion phone numbers! I would assume also they aren't reserving the number for the typical 30-day conversion window?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Typically an account will keep using the same number although it can change. 

I can imagine that Google gets it wrong on occasion, say when two desktop searches have ad clicks at the same time, and the dynamic number is displayed two people at the same time, one of whom manually dials the number.

Best not to question Google's magic and just use it. It is a very important aspect of optimising accounts where calls are valuable, and it works very well.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Typically an account will keep using the same number although it can change. 

I can imagine that Google gets it wrong on occasion, say when two desktop searches have ad clicks at the same time, and the dynamic number is displayed two people at the same time, one of whom manually dials the number.

Best not to question Google's magic and just use it. It is a very important aspect of optimising accounts where calls are valuable, and it works very well.