Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Call Conversion Tracking CPA Model

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Looking at using the AdWords CPA model with call conversion i.e. we pay for each call we get, instead of pay per click. For tracking, we have a unique phone number we can assign to AdWords (through an external phone number management system called Callcap). 

Do I still need to use a Google provided phone number for this scenario? 

Are conversions only counted if the number is clicked directly from the Ad? i.e. we only pay for the acquisition if the number is clicked/dialed from within the ad? 

Thank you for your help!!

Zeljka

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeljka B
June 2016

Re: Call Conversion Tracking CPA Model

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Are conversions only counted if the number is clicked directly from the Ad? i.e. we only pay for the acquisition if the number is clicked/dialed from within the ad?

Google Forwarding number that are manually dialled, clicked on from the website, or clicked on from the ad all count as a conversion.

Also, set an appropriate length of a call for a conversion. The default is 60 seconds, but for many businesses 15 or 30 seconds is more accurate.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Before you can set up a Target CPA bid strategy, your campaign will typically need to meet the following requirements:

You're already tracking conversion data in your AdWords account. You can do so by either setting up conversion tracking or cross-account conversion tracking (MCC accounts), or by importing your goals and transactions data from Google Analytics.
The ad group or campaign has received 15 conversions in the last 30 days. This conversion history enables the system to make accurate predictions about your future conversion rate. So, the more data we have, the more accurate we can be.
The ad group or campaign has received conversions at a similar rate for at least a few days.

Before switching to CPA model , you need to make sure that your conversion tracking is working well.
If conversions are phone calls, you need to

1) Set google forwarding number in extensions
2) Set Conversion tracking for calls from mobile devices
3) Set dynamically changing Google phone number in your website to track all phone calls

Otherwise I will not suggest to use CPA
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeljka B
June 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Google Forwarding number that are manually dialled, clicked on from the website, or clicked on from the ad all count as a conversion.

Also, set an appropriate length of a call for a conversion. The default is 60 seconds, but for many businesses 15 or 30 seconds is more accurate.