Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPM or CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new in adwords extremely new, i am reading adwords tutorials daily here i have a small question to ask.

1. If i use cpc bidding method for search network/dispaly network or both, suppose i go for cpc bid and i fix the  bid is $.5 for what ever Adrank. Now suppose that i got 20 clicks out of 1000 impressions then how much i will have to pay to google. Is it $10 or more? because i will not have to pay for impressions for search network/display network if i bid for cpc.

2. What if i choose cpm bid method( not vCPM) and i bid for $.5 for cpm, do i need to pay for clicks too even if i bid cpm method.

Please suggest me 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: CPM or CPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kris
Welcome to the community, and to AdWords.

To answer your questions:

1) You are correct. If you bid CPC, you don't pay for impressions also. In your example, you'd pay .5 x 20 (assuming that you were indeed charged .50) so yes, you'd be charged the $10. No additional charge for the 1000 impressions.

2) Similarly, when you're paying for impressions, you don't pay for clicks. However, it's MUCH more difficult to get the same amount of clicks per 1000 impressions than it is for the same cost of CPC. You may be able to get it to perform better but in general, that's the case. CPM bidding is mainly used for awareness and branding campaigns, not so much for direct response campaigns.

Hope that helped!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Davis

Thanks for your genuine reply,

One more thing:-

I think Cpm bidding method does not apply for search network, cpm bidding method is for only display network, please correct me if i am wrong

My second question was that

IF i got 1000 impressions and got 20 clicks and i am using cpm bidding method and i bid for $.5 for 1000 impressions, in this case do i need to pay extra money for 20 clicks too while i am using cpm bidding method( not vCPM method)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that is correct: cpm is only for display-advertising, not search

No, you will not charged for clicks when bidding cpm

CPM or CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how create cpm campaian?