2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we are new to adwords and we are looking for some help please! If our max cpc is 0.78p and our daily budget is £5 does that mean i will only get 6 clicks per day?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: CPC

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

When you set your Max CPC, that is the most you will be charged for a click on that keyword. You could wind up paying less, depending on the keyword and the competition.

How many total clicks your £5 might be able to cover in a day depends on how much each actual click costs you.

Make sense?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

When you set your Max CPC, that is the most you will be charged for a click on that keyword. You could wind up paying less, depending on the keyword and the competition.

How many total clicks your £5 might be able to cover in a day depends on how much each actual click costs you.

Make sense?

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theresa,

Thanks for this.

The auto system worked out the 0.78p, we have a budget of £5 as we're just working our way around adwords - we've placed a trial ad but have it sitting on pause presently whilst we try to understand this a little better. When you say 'that is the most you will be charged for a click on that keyword', do you mean for any keywords we've selected i.e. multiple key words within our campaign please?

How will we know before hand how much a keyword will cost? When we set up the campaign it initially said that our selected region, for our business, was around £2 per keyword. If that is the case, we can only have two clicks!

Thanks again,

Diane

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

First, you can't know in advance what your clicks will cost. The bid estimate system can give you, at most, a very, very general idea. (In my experience, the estimates tend to be far too low.) This is because the actual cost of clicks is determined by the advertisers--by whatever the advertisers bidding on a specific keyword are willing to bid/pay for clicks.

In order to find your actual click cost, you need to test different bids. And, because AdWords is a complex system with many interlocking/interacting parts, you also need to test landing pages for your various Ad Groups, along with variations on your ad messaging. Ad messaging and landing page choices have have a huge impact on your ad serving.

The whole system is a matter of balance--of finding the keyword bid that allows your ads to get enough impressions to earn you a profitable number of sales/leads/whatever your goal is on the selected pages of your website.

When you say 'that is the most you will be charged for a click on that keyword', do you mean for any keywords we've selected i.e. multiple key words within our campaign please?

Each keyword is individual, yes.

If you set your bid to 0.58 for one keyword, then the maximum you will be charged for a click when an ad is triggered by a search matched to that keyword is 0.58. If you set a different keyword's bid to £1, then the maximum you will be charged for a click when an ad is triggered by a search matched to that keyword is £1.

The AdWords program  is a very complex and sophisticated advertising environment and I can't actually go into all the necessary detail in a single forum post. If you haven't yet studied the material in the AdWords Help Center, I would strongly recommend that you do so, before you start spending money!

It's quite possible to be very successful using AdWords--but it's just as possible to spend a lot of money without meeting your expectations and goals if you don't approach the project correctly.

Please post any time you have specific questions!

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*