AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPC bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just reeduced my bids down to the lowest that is valid for an advert and my advert hasdisapeared.  
how much should i bid to keep my advert active and not waste money?

Re: CPC bid

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Richard,

If you are newbie in Adwords (Not having much experience) then go Automatic Bidding.
After couple of day you can analyse you CPC rate per keywords,

With this you may Learn about Manual Bidding as well and get best ROI of your money.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Richard,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!

That is a good question, but unfortunately it's impossible for anyone inside of the AdWords Community to answer without knowing your goals, objectives, and profits received from AdWords.

What I would say, is that you want to have Max CPCs high enough so that you can receive first page placement within the AdWords results.  Being on the first page is the only way that you'll be able to receive a significant amount of clicks from Google Search.

Then, I recommend you know what an AdWords conversion is worth to your business - for example: how much revenue/profit will an AdWords Conversion bring you.  Then, select your Max CPC Bids accordingly.

If you want to lower your Max CPC Bids, I suggest doing it slowly, rather than doing a big, massive significant decrease in CPCs.

Finally, I included a few links below that may be helpful to you.

AdWords Flexible Bid Strategies

Choosing a Bid Amount that Works for you

Create AdWords Bid Strategy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Richard,

Some more links to useful resources on this topic below:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2459326?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470105?hl=en (Bid Simulators)

Cheers,
Vineesh..