1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPC bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could anyone pls tell me as a new seller how should i allocate my cpc bid for a keyword to make ny adrank in 1st or 2nd position as we know that

Ad rank=CPC  bid*quality score

pls help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author prateek p
September 2015

Re: CPC bid

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prateek

I would suggest that you start with a lower CPC bid so that you came to know where your ad is ranking on that bid after looking at our avg. position. If you are bidding in $, then start with $1 initially and look for the avg. position after getting some impressions and after that adjust your bids accordingly.
Also, as per the latest update by Google, in order to calculate ad rank, the estimated CTR for ad extensions are also taken into consideration by Google. So i suggest that you ad some sitelinks in your campaign to boost your ad rank.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author prateek p
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prateek

I would suggest that you start with a lower CPC bid so that you came to know where your ad is ranking on that bid after looking at our avg. position. If you are bidding in $, then start with $1 initially and look for the avg. position after getting some impressions and after that adjust your bids accordingly.
Also, as per the latest update by Google, in order to calculate ad rank, the estimated CTR for ad extensions are also taken into consideration by Google. So i suggest that you ad some sitelinks in your campaign to boost your ad rank.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Prateek,

Getting your ad on first or second position is not an instant behavior. This doesn't happen overnight.

You need to have high relevance in terms of your keywords, ad copy and landing page. You bid should be competitive enough in front of other advertisers and an excellent Quality Score.

Read more on this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722087?hl=en

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prateek P,

Welcome

Try keeping your bid high enough so that you can compete with other advertisers who are also bidding on the same keywords you are. Look through the top of page bid estimates to help you figure out how much you probably need to bid to compete for a top spot on the page.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prateek,

Pankaj say right about relevancy in terms of your keywords, ad copy and landing page.
But I would like to suggest other bidding option for getting 1st position.
Please go through below steps:-
1) Campaigns > Settings > Bidding and budget > Bid strategy > click on Edit
2) click on last Radio button "Select a flexible bid strategy"
3) click on "Create flexible bid strategy"
4) click on "+BID STRATEGY" > select "Target search page location" option
5) fill "Name" as you want e.g. Top of Page
6) at the bottom side, click on "Save" button.
7) Repeat 1 and 2 step
8) select your given name e.g. Top of Page
9) click on "Save" button.

Once you have set this then Google automatically acquires appropriate bid. After that you can set manually bidding option as you want.

Thanks,
Tushar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Abhishek,

Thansk for the help.
Could you also help me with autoamtic bidding. I just want to know how automatic bidding works. suppose i am a new online retailer, and today i created my first campain and want to have ad on google sponsered ads area.
Now i have choosen automatic bidding,and decided not to exceed above 100rs for a day.

Q-1) Now just wanted to know the procedure how google will decide my cpc bid as
=>adrank = cpc bid* quality score

=> adrank/quality score= CPC Bid

now from 2 nd equation , gogle has to give me some adrank to decide my CPC. so in which position google will place my first add to decide my CPC bid in case of automatic bidding.

Pls help

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prateek

In automatic bidding, Google tries to give you as many clicks as possible in your daily budget. For e.g. if your daily budget is INR100, then Google will try to give to give maximum clicks with less cpc but at lower position and likewise if your daily budget is INR1000 then here also Google will try to maximum clicks but here it will be on higher position.

I hope you understood my point!

Abhishek