Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPC applied for phrase match

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am a beginner to Google Adwords. So, I'd like to know something.

Please consider this case: I bid for a keyword with phrase match modifier. Someone searched for a keyword and my ad was displayed. The person clicked on the ad. In this case, what will be the CPC - the CPC for the keyword I've chosen, or the CPC for the keyword he searched for?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CPC applied for phrase match

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Pls watch this video for better clarification .

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Node,

When someone searches your keywords goes into auction, and if competitor next to ur ad position is having max cpc of $0.50 and you have max cpc of $1.00 then you be charged with $0.51.

Regards,

Manish

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Manish Chahar,

I disagree with your statement. Pls watch the video.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rakesh,

To more simply Lets say i have a keyword and i m bidding at $0.60 and u bidding for same at $1.00. After we both enter auction and based on ad rank i have been charged $0.55 and since your ad rank is better then me, you could have been charged less, since your other ad rank factors are good like QS, Extensions. But to keep it simple lets say you been charged with $0.56, since we dont know about other factors as of now and we are taking bids only as a factor.

Regards,

Manish