AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPC and PPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am new to adwords. Basically I have lot of confusion with CPC and PPC. I have read about it in different websites. All they are telling the same answers between it. So I am not able to find the difference between PPC and CPC. Can anyone explain me how google adwords calculating CPC and PPC? And also tell me the similarity about them.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

CPC and PPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

PPC is Pay Per Click - it describes the type of advertising where you only pay if a user clicks on your ad. AdWords is the most prominent exampled of this.

CPC is Cost Per Click - this is metric used in PPC advertising. It is the actual amount it has cost an advertiser when their ad was clicked on.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

CPC and PPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

PPC is Pay Per Click - it describes the type of advertising where you only pay if a user clicks on your ad. AdWords is the most prominent exampled of this.

CPC is Cost Per Click - this is metric used in PPC advertising. It is the actual amount it has cost an advertiser when their ad was clicked on.