AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPC Or CPA for a eCommerce beginner ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This is moosa, i'm working for a company in india which basically deals in women ethnic apparel. so as a beginner where should i focus first like on which strategy should i place my bids first for example whether should i bid on CPC or CPA, as i'm mainly focusing on to drive traffic on website and to generate sale, If i go with CPC I might generate good traffic but will that bring good ROI to me? And, if i go with CPA it may take too much time and less conversation which i might be willing to achieve?  so what do you suggest me and please let me know if there's any tool or a website through which i can get ideas or can monitor my competitor to get ideas to put my money on right place.

Thank You,

Awaiting your reply

Re: CPC Or CPA for a eCommerce beginner ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Initially I would start with CPC, because you want to give the system history before turning on a smart bidding strategy. For ecommerce, where I assume you have multiple products of different value with different profit margin, I would suggest Target ROAS. You need 50 conversions within 30 days before turning it on.

Best of luck.

David