Guide Me
star_border

CPC Confusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Am relativeely new to adwords Cat Happy
May be question is dumb but i need to clarify the CPC Confusion

Suppose i have a keyword called "computer" my other below first page bid is 2$,and i am willing to pay 10$ max,so what will be my  charge perclick??
10$ or anything else??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sourav G
September 2015

Re: CPC Confusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sourav,

I agree with Dave, the keyword "computer" is too broad. I would recommend to choose more specific keywords related to your business.
The formula is :
AD Rank = f( Max CPC, Quality Score, Expected impact of Extension)
First of all, you’re never charged more than your max. CPC. bid.
ex : your competitor sets a Max CPC = $5, and you set your max cpc at $10
If your competitor has the same Quality Score & the same expected impact of extension than yours, you'll pay $5.01 (1 cent more than his max cpc ) and you will have a better position than him.
Thank you,

Mehdi Fehri
Paid Media Analyst @ iProspect Canada

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sourav,
Welcome to the community!

First of all, I'd like to point out that the keyword "computer" on it's own, is, in general, a very bad choice of keyword. It's far too generic and not likely to convert much.

That aside, please read this and watch the video that explains EXACTLY how Google charges per click based on your bid.

http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/how-does-google-adwords-determine-how-much-you-pay-per-click/

Basically, the answer is "it depends". You will be charged UP TO your max CPC but not more. Most often, you'll be charged less.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

To expand on these ideas : Can he pay more than the manually set MaxCPC in case of using "Increase by" as Location bid adjustments or Scheduling bid adjustments ? Also in case of using Enhanced CPC ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

Web Server at redflymarketing.com

have a Look

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Ahhh, your country is blocked.
Have a look at the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRx7AMb6rZ0

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,
The OP is clearly new and confused about how basic CPC is being calculated.

Perhaps it would be nice if just this time you took this to it's own thread rather than confusing the OP more? We all know you're an advanced user. No need to hijack this thread to prove that. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thread+hijacking

The OP doesn't have a clue how CPC is calculated. How is your discussion going to make that any clearer for him? Pretty rude to be honest.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have seen the video that you have shared (Thank You For that)
But what i really want to know is... please read the question once more

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Sourav,
I don't understand. You want to know how much you will be charged per click. There's no EXACT figure I can give you. That is determined by many factors. The main factors are outlined in the video.

What exactly do you not understand?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google Says "The MAXIMUM You want to pay per click" In my case its = 10$ (Let's assume for a second)... below 1st page rank 2$... If i have tested that if i pay 3$ then i get the place what i want... so am happy paying 3$
What i want to know is if i select max 10$ per click,will i be charged 3$ (Top Most Spot,1st result) or 10$ instead??
Do we understand eachother now?
(If no let me know the specific area)

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave ,

It doesn't take much for an user to tick the ECPC option , it is just below the bidding setup so I conider it an easy to make mistake which leads to disapointment when the result is a higher charge than the MaxCPC.

I was not trying to prove anything , I reacted to your statement that the system will not charge the user more than the MaxCPC (UP TO your MaxCPC and not more) which I find incorrect in some very common situations. I was giving you a chance to ...rethink that statement with a set of question , which should be a polite type of reaction , not a rude one.

Should I not react to fix misinformation this way ?