AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPC - CPM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there !

I need your guidance about a subject . 
Recently i created my first campaign . I set my budget per day / 15 EUR , my CPV using a TrueView video campaign . The issue that i am struggling to understand is : 

a. In my campaign my video displayed  3.500 times and get 1.151 views . With those statistics the budget i have to pay is 

1.151 x CPV . Am i correct ? The issue is that iam getting one more charge 6,77 Eur from CPM ! I searched the net and i read that CPM stands for the cost per 1000 views ? So the total cost for my campaign is : " ( Views x CPV ) + CPM " ? If thats the case why my budget extend far from the daily 15 EUR limit ?

b When i set all my settings CPV , Budget i get an estimation Views from Google . Lets say 1.000 - 2.000 views during the whole day . The thing is that i want to spend the 15 EUR during one day but in many cases this is not happening . I spend lets say 7 EUR instead of 15 EUR . Why is this happening ?

Thanks a lot ! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria Elena D
August 2017

CPC - CPM

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Maria Elena D,

a. Regarding the budget issue: an overdelivery of 20% per day is usual and allowed per T&C. I cannot interpret the note about CPM, could you please add a screen capture?

b. Just regard estimates like weather forecasts; they are not always accurate. When you cannot deplete the daily budget that's usually because users are not interested in what you offer and reluctant to watch the video. The algorithms try providing you with a good estimates but at the end of the day everything depends on users.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria Elena D
August 2017

CPC - CPM

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Maria Elena D,

a. Regarding the budget issue: an overdelivery of 20% per day is usual and allowed per T&C. I cannot interpret the note about CPM, could you please add a screen capture?

b. Just regard estimates like weather forecasts; they are not always accurate. When you cannot deplete the daily budget that's usually because users are not interested in what you offer and reluctant to watch the video. The algorithms try providing you with a good estimates but at the end of the day everything depends on users.

Best,

Lakatos

CPC - CPM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi !

CPM Link : CPM

Thanks a lot !