AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPA or CPC for Direct response Advertisement?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Every One,

I Have been preparing for Adwords Advanced Display Exam. I have a query regarding this page of Display Binder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3i61p28atrceale/Adword%20Query.JPG?dl=0

As you can see in this link given CPA has been told to use for your Direct response advertisement but why CPC has been mentioned to implement necessarily. I mean CPA is been referenced for this Direct response Advertisement but why he asked to implement CPC either CPC will be implemented or CPA because only one bidding type would be selected for that as he has already referenced CPA for that purpose.

Regards,

Spencer

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Spencer C
November 2015

Re: CPA or CPC for Direct response Advertisement?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Oh... OK... Because the fonts in the documents seem at bit taken from a printed book (at least on my screen)

Anyway, AdWords  is at its roots is a CPC system. All bid methods used are  bid adjustments   or bid targeting methods, but yet the underlying targeting is CPC. Hence the CPC has to be there, to be  used as a parameter to calculate a bid adjustment of  a bid targeting (if the advertiser chooses to use them other than the CPC)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Where this source is taken from?
I would recommend to rely on the official documentation when studying towards the exam.
The official study material is inside the Partners Portal - under exams---> learn towards this exam.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mr MosheTLV it's taken from official exam study guide of Adwords from this link given below it's page no 19 you can verify from this link given below
https://support.google.com/partners/topic/3204437
it's from Display Advertising Exam page no 19 could you please look in to it and then answer my query
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Spencer C
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Oh... OK... Because the fonts in the documents seem at bit taken from a printed book (at least on my screen)

Anyway, AdWords  is at its roots is a CPC system. All bid methods used are  bid adjustments   or bid targeting methods, but yet the underlying targeting is CPC. Hence the CPC has to be there, to be  used as a parameter to calculate a bid adjustment of  a bid targeting (if the advertiser chooses to use them other than the CPC)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Understood Thanks a lot i finally got the satisfactory answer