Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPA Bidding

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Everybody!

If I turn on TARGET CPA bidding, does adwords also will adjust the bidding per country?

I made some decreasing percetage to many countries. For example: Italy -%40

So, adowrds also will decrease or increase bidding per country that I already target in locations?

Thanks.

Mat

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CPA Bidding

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

No, the system will not take notice of bid adjustments (aside from an adjustment set for Mobile devices).

If you want to bid different countries at different amounts, you need to put each country into a separate campaign and let those campaigns gather enough conversion data to allow the Optimizer feature to work.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
So, you say that if my target CPA is set to $3, and Italy is costing $10 adwords will be keep sending traffic from Italy as the rest of countries?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

That's not really a question I can answer simply. The CPA tools are trying to automate and optimize your conversion flow. This means that it might very well be able to produce conversions by automation that are cheaper than the ones you produced manually. Also, the program learns and improves, the longer you keep it active.

So, the answer is that if the system finds a way to serve the $10 CPA traffic for $3 or less, then it will serve it.

If it cannot find any way to serve that traffic for your $3 acquisition cap, then it won't serve the traffic.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
So it wont make difference if Italy is costing $20 and UK $3.

Or it will reduce the bid for Italy?

or do I have to check it in Locations and do it manually reducing the BID per country that I target?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

If you want to bid different countries at different amounts, you need to put each country into a separate campaign and let those campaigns gather enough conversion data to allow the Optimizer feature to work.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*