AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPA Bidding Costs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, I am a new adwords advertiser and my question might sound a bit silly. 

Though, could anyone tell me, if I use CPA as a bidding strategy and invest $1.000 per month, do I still get charged (e.g. for clicks on my website), even if I don't get any reservations (its a hotel website) within one month? 

Would really appreciate your help! 

Best, Polina

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Polina D
March 2017

CPA Bidding Costs

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Polina D,

Yes, you be be charged even when there is no conversion(booking).

Target CPA bidding strategy tries to provide you conversion within your target bid but the charges are incurred on the basis of ad clicks.

For your reference: About Target CPA bidding

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

CPA Bidding Costs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Polina,

Yes you will be charged for Clicks not for conversion.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Polina D
March 2017

CPA Bidding Costs

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Polina D,

Yes, you be be charged even when there is no conversion(booking).

Target CPA bidding strategy tries to provide you conversion within your target bid but the charges are incurred on the basis of ad clicks.

For your reference: About Target CPA bidding

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

CPA Bidding Costs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Then since I will be charged for cost per click what's the point of selecting CPA as a bidding strategy? 

In addition, one last question. My website is new, so I don't have any previous conversions. Will this be a problem when selecting CPA?

Thank you in advance. 

Your help is very valuable.

CPA Bidding Costs

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Go through the link shared by me, hope it will cover all your queries related to Target CPA.

Go through the part: Before you begin

This is one of the smart bidding where the control on CPC bids is in the AdWords system hands rather than you.

System automatically raises and lowers the CPC bids in order to get maximum conversions within your target CPC bid(based on the historical conversion data)

Regards

CPA Bidding Costs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much Archit. I did read all the related content, even passed the exams, though it still seems quite complicated. I will get through it, its just the beginning Smiley Tongue 

Have a great day ahead,

Best, 

Polina

CPA Bidding Costs

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

You are welcome.

All the best!!

Hoping for great success..

Regards