Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

CPA Bid confusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all,

I have a doubt about CPA bidding. In CPA bidding if we are going to pay only when some one converts then y don't everybody use it as it may give good ROI?

2)If I have selected CPA bidding for my campaign n I got 100 clicks out of which 20 got converted. Then will Google charge me only for those 20 clicks n what about those 80 clicks??

Thanks
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CPA Bid confusion

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Sagar,

You will pay for all 100 clicks, using CPA strategy you are telling Google how much you want to pay for conversion so it will bid more aggressively on keywords which are more likely to convert but still you are paying for clicks, not for conversions.

Hope I've solved your problem.
Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: CPA Bid confusion

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Adding what Alexey said...

Switching to CPA strategy does not necessarily mean that campaigns would start performing at their best. Things depend a lot on the historic conversion history of the campaigns in question. The more conversions history there is with the campaigns, the better are the chances of improvement if everything else remains constant.

You can read more about how it works here  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472713?hl=en 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.