AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Business has two websites - one AdWords Account, or two?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company has a non-ecommerce site for local quote based sales.  We also have an international ecommerce site.  Should we have one AdWords Account for both sites, or an individual account for each site?  Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business has two websites - one AdWords Account, or two?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

My advice would be to go for the one account - as much as anything because if you intend to run the billing through the same company for both camapigns, this will set all the bells ringing and lights flashing at Google and the robots will have a party.

It is violation of Google policy to run two Adwords accounts for the same company - and whilst I appreciate that this is not what you are doing - to the robots that scan the servers this is exactly what it will look like.

If I were you, I'd save myself the inevitable headaches.

If - on the other hand - these two sites have different addresses and will have different billing details, you would probably be OK.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

I tend to agree with Steve. However; a few quick questions before I answer

• Are these companies separateentities (= different business locations and different billing address) 
  • Are the domains different?
  • Do you sell the same products on these two domains?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
MOsheTLV,

I do have a similar doubt on our hands.

- We have 2 different websites selling totally different products.

- The first one is running great for last 10 months & has collected good history & account is good condition without any ad disapproval's till date

- We now intend to start the other website from a different adwords account, however the billing information (like company name & address) would remain exactly the same.

- The main benefit to open a new account would be to keep the two websites totally separate for accounting purpose and so that disapproval & performance fluctuations from one account may not affect the other account.

Do you think we should still move ahead with the new account? I strongly fear that the account may get banned initially, if there is strong chance of this happening then we would rather advertise within the same account.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again ;
If we put aside the policy wording, and focus on the technical side, the system will let only one ad per account, to be shown on SERP

Now; if you want to split the accounts due to  a "convenience of managing the campaigns", the key issues to examine, is whether the products are similar on the different domains and whether pricing is similar;

If they are different with different pricing - you should be OK:

However; I would not take this course  for another reason:  You have a nice performance history of your current account; this would give you a lead with QS, when setting the new campaign. Why "start from scratch" and build a new "performance history"  while you have a nice one  in place?...

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I agree totally now...although with past client experience we still believe it is best to keep different product & domains in different accounts, but from the current situation where billing address has to be same, it is best to move with the same account.

Thanks Moshe for confirming my doubt Smiley Happy