Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk upload of Zip Codes?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I can bulk upload zip codes as the Inside Adwords article suggested and I'm unable to figure out how.

I've explored Adwords Editor (Current Version 9.7.1 and I've been looking around in the Adwords UI with no success.

Can someone point me in the right direction or confirm that this functionality is not yet available? 

I remember the previous bulk upload options and was thinking this option would be similar.

This was the line from the announcement that lead me to believe that this was possible, am I misinterpreting this and perhaps this is only suggesting that there is a 1000 zip code limit?

"You will be able to add up to 1,000 postal codes at a time to your search ad campaigns with AdWords Location Targeting." 

Thanks!

-Tom 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Bulk upload of Zip Codes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The bulk feature is available again through the online interface.  Under Locations, Advanced Search - next to Radius Targeting is now "Bulk Locations"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The feature just appeared in my account today, haven't checked all my MCC accounts yet.  I agree 100% and have manually added hundreds of zips in the last few months...this will be a huge time saver once it rolls out to everyone!

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

I am sorry this is not the answer you may want but at this time there is no way to bulk add multiple locations at this time. This may indeed be a future update like with bulk add Keywords, Campaigns, and AdGroups via Editor.

Regards

Luigi

Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks Theitiuk,

Actually, that is sort of what I expected to find out, you had the same experience I did.  

I'm quite familiar with the workings of Adwords, I was hoping for one of two possibilites:  

1.  I missed something glaring

2. Confirmation form a TC or CM that indeed this is NOT available and/or if it may become available.  

I'd definitely like to see the option added at some point for sure.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

PPCBossman wrote:

I'm quite familiar with the workings of Adwords

That could be your clever .sig, Tom. ;-)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

RBall wrote:

That could be your clever .sig, Tom. ;-)

I don't know if its clever but...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The bulk feature is available again through the online interface.  Under Locations, Advanced Search - next to Radius Targeting is now "Bulk Locations"

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Kclight,

Great, thanks for the heads up.  As will most new/additional features with AdWords, there is no magic switch.  I would suggest that this is being 'rolled out' as none of my accounts are updated with this option yet.

I'm not surprised though, I still have some accounts still waiting on the Display Network tab.  The funny part is I have accounts that have not run in over a year and they get the new features first. 

Who knows?

It's nice to know that the bulk upload is 'on the way' though. I can't see adding in a large list of zips one at a time and I really want to test out the new zip functionality.

Thanks again!

-Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The feature just appeared in my account today, haven't checked all my MCC accounts yet.  I agree 100% and have manually added hundreds of zips in the last few months...this will be a huge time saver once it rolls out to everyone!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is actually a way to perform bulk uploads through AdWords Editor if your account still doesn't have the new "bulk" option within the UI.

http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33114

and click "update location targeting by importing a CSV file."

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is available for use with zip codes, so those still require manual entry until the "bulk" feature appears in your account UI.

Has anyone found a workaround to use the CSV for uploading zip codes through the Editor?