AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bulk Targeting by Zip Codes through Adwords Editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to include location targeting by zip codes in a csv upload through Adwords Editor? As in, instead of having an id in the location_id column that targets on a state or city level, I can upload a list keywords targeting different zip codes?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author I Fan L
September 2015

Re: Bulk Targeting by Zip Codes through Adwords Editor?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Yes you can. ZIP codes have IDs just like any other location (in that table, filter on "Postal Code" in Target Type column).

Alternatively, you could enter ZIP code itself in Location column of the CSV and rely on Editor to resolve them by name. There were some problems with that though, if I recall correctly (for one thing, Excel will likely strip leading zeros if you are not careful). For best results, use either the ID, or the location name exactly as it appears in "Canonical Name" column in that table, e.g. "01001,Massachusetts,United States".

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author I Fan L
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Yes you can. ZIP codes have IDs just like any other location (in that table, filter on "Postal Code" in Target Type column).

Alternatively, you could enter ZIP code itself in Location column of the CSV and rely on Editor to resolve them by name. There were some problems with that though, if I recall correctly (for one thing, Excel will likely strip leading zeros if you are not careful). For best results, use either the ID, or the location name exactly as it appears in "Canonical Name" column in that table, e.g. "01001,Massachusetts,United States".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!