Guide Me
star_border

Bug in the feature Opportunity to "Create better-themed ad groups"

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

AdWords has a bug related to copying ads with mobile preference from an ad group to another when applying the opportunity to create more granular ad groups.

I discovered that if in the Opportunities tab I was presented with the option to create 2 ad groups from one ad group the new ad group had no Ads with mobile preference as it should.

The initial ad group had some Ads with "mobile preference" selected, but the Ads in the new ad groups created by the AdWords feature "Create better-themed ad groups"  have the mobile option removed.

I had 3 normal ads and their 3 mobile versions in my initial ad group ,so in the new ad group created automatically by AdWords , I ended up with 3 pairs of identical Ads after applying the opportunity.

If it helps : I tried the same workflow on another "opportunity " to split ad groups, this time looking at the "Text ad preview" of the text ads that were presented as Ads in the new ad group.

In the "Text ad preview" of the Opportunity "Create better-themed ad groups from keywords in...... (name of the ad group" I could not see any mobile preference highlighted.

When I copy paste manually some Ads with mobile preference however, the preference is kept.

Did this also happen in other accounts or am I the only lucky one ?

code-bugs.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Bug in the feature Opportunity to "Create better-themed ad gr

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager