AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Budget problems

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I will appreciate some help. 

I looked for my ads in the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool and they didn´t appear. It says that they are only showing ocassionaly because of their budget. That seems a little strange to me, since I increased the budget since the last time I used AdWords. What can I do? I have four ad groups (since I have four different art workshops to advertise). It would be better for my budget if I only have one ad group?

By the way, in the AdWords panel, those four ad groups doesn´t show any impressions or clicks, even when, a couple of hours ago I saw some of the ads when I looked for them in the Google bar. 

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David R
July 2017

Budget problems

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

So, it's saying the ads can run.  Still no impressions?  If so, try raising your bids a bit.  Make sure when you are looking at stats the date range says "today".  I can't tell you how many people i've seen looking at "last week's" data on a new campaign!

View solution in original post

Budget problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I checked the Ad Preview again and now I can see ads of 3 of the 4 ad groups. The AdWords panel, nevertheless, still doesn´t show impressions or clicks. 

Budget problems

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Is the suggested bid lower than your budget?

Budget problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Shanee. Thanks for answering. 

My default maximum CPC isn´t higher than my daily budget. Is that what you were referring to?

Budget problems

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @David R!

it's the best way that you have implemented in your campaign. Mean to say that, More adgroup are better than single adgroup. Because adword automatically optimize that adgroup which is most relevant and higher in quality scores. So doesn't need to delete your adgroup.

Take a look what google is saying.

How it works: "We'll use your default bid for clicks on your ads unless you set unique targeting-specific bids. The closer you get to your budget limit, the less your ads will show"

I recommend you that increase your budget as well as bid at the keyword level (if need it) and then see the results.

hope it will be helpful.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David R
July 2017

Budget problems

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

So, it's saying the ads can run.  Still no impressions?  If so, try raising your bids a bit.  Make sure when you are looking at stats the date range says "today".  I can't tell you how many people i've seen looking at "last week's" data on a new campaign!

Budget problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was it!! I was looking the stats from last month or something (face palm). Now I can see impressions and clicks of all four groups. 

Thank you very much, Shanee. 

ps.

By the way, I used the search bar in the Ad preview, and it says that the ads in some of the groups don´t appear (at the moment, I imagine) because of their low ad rank. Should I increase the bid for the ads in those groups?

Budget problems

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Mian. 

Thanks for your comments. The ads didn´t appear in the panel because I was seeing the stats from last month or something, as Shanee suggested. I´m a begginer, ha. 

One question about the Ad groups: I´m advertising four different art workshops through these ads. Would you suggest me to continue using one ad group for each one or it will be better to have a campaign for every workshop? 

Oh, and one more thing. All the workshops will be carried out in my city. Would it be better to reduce the hours the ads can appear? Lets say, from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. 

Budget problems

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @David R!

You don't need to create new campaign for each adgroup. instead of new campaign you should focus on:

If the keywords which are interpreted by the users are relevant to each other then one landing page and one ad is enough but make sure that landing page and ad must be relevant to the keywords data.

If keywords that you have included in your adgroups are differ from each other then it would be much better to create a new landing page as well as ad but not new campaign regarding your keywords data. Because relevancy is the third main factor which determines your quality scores.

yeah! you can set the time if you think I wouldn't be available after 8-2am.

hope it will give you the better understanding.

Budget problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I personally do not believe on Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool. It shows a bad result to make us crazy and then we increase the bid.