Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Budget limit per day per ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Apologies in advance for what I am sure is an extremely silly question! I am very new to adwords and attempting to learn as fast as I can.

I have been told to set up some ads and set a limit of £15 per day against each ad. Where and how do I set this budget?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Budget limit per day per ad

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi BBcheer555

Welcome to the AdWords community!

There are no silly questions, we are all here to learn :-)

Daily budget is set at the campaign level. Here is an article explaining it all-

Choose your bid and budget

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to post back and we will do our best to help

Kind regards

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi BBcheer555, to add to Hel_ipe's response, in the AdWords system you don't apply budget to Ads so there isn't anywhere to apply a specific budget to a specific Ad.  You could build a structure that worked in this way, by having a Campaign with a daily budget of £15 and have that Campaign contain only one Ad Group and that Ad Group contain only one Ad, but it would be an unusual and inefficient way to use AdWords.

I'm curious, who "told" you to do this?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Thank you both for your replies! 

Just as an example, say I needed £10 per ad group, how do I set this? or can I not? I have three ad groups so have set my daily budget at £30.00 to reflect this. However I am then slightly confused by the max bid. Will this happen regardless of my daily budget? Or do I need to change this to reflect my daily budget?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Just a small addition to what has been said above; although there is no specific criteria to set budget limit per ad, you do have another option of what we call Shared Budgets, where you can apply one shared budget in the shared library and include the campaigns using that shared budget. It is actually another way of utilizing the budget with more flexibility. 

Read more in this reference:http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi BBcheer555, to be honest I have to recommend that you pause your Campaign until you've had some time to read up more on the AdWords system.  Your current settings could see you spend almost £1000 in a month and it would be very easy for this to be spent very ineffectively.

I'd recommend you pause your Campaign(s), then read through this thoroughly.

Intro to AdWords

Once you've read this you should understand the answers to the questions you've asked so far.  But I'd encourage you to dig deeper and do more reading.  AdWords is not a simple "plug and go" solution and requires learning and testing to use effectively.

Please feel free to use us as a resource to ask questions but I'll say once more, I really have to recommend that you don't spend any (more) money until you have a better grasp of the basics.

Jon

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cobnut,

I think you have misinterpreted my question. Ultimately I just want to know if I can set a different budget for different ad groups or if I just have to group all costs together at campaign level.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

OK, the answer to your question is that no, you can't set budgets at the Group level, budgets are set at the Campaign level.

However, I didn't misinterpret your question, I was expressing some concern that you could be spending nearly £1000 per month with - if I may - very little understanding of the AdWords system.  We see far too many people come through here who are disappointed or angry (or both) with Google because they've spent a lot of money with no results.  This is almost always through some basic misunderstanding that could have been avoided.

I'm sorry if this offends you but I would not feel comfortable allowing you to continue without at least trying to warn you.

Jon

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
BBcheer,

I understand you. I wish there was a way I could limit my budget per ad group, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible. Google should definitely change that, as I have to create campaigns with only one ad group to make it the way I want it.