Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Budget amount & strategy on GDN

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

It seems that if you have a small budget in GDN for a shopping cart website (let's say ($ 300 -400 /month)  , you have no choice than opting for a branding campaign. I say that because as soon as you use contextual targeting (kw + placements)  you narrow your potential of impressions and need to bid higher to get impressions on  placements of choice (quality) , and also need to find more placements for reaching volume in impressions. To achieve those goals (direct response + traffic ) you need a quite large budget. So the more restrictive, the dearer.

Please, What 's your opinions  about that ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Budget amount & strategy on GDN

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

I don't know that I'd agree that a branding campaign is your only choice.

However, I don't know the market/interest group you're targeting. The GDN is like search in that some markets/groups are more expensive to advertise to than others.

For what it's worth, I generally offer both image & text ads and find that serving a good balance of both in my GDN campaigns keeps costs reasonable.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Budget amount & strategy on GDN

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

I don't know that I'd agree that a branding campaign is your only choice.

However, I don't know the market/interest group you're targeting. The GDN is like search in that some markets/groups are more expensive to advertise to than others.

For what it's worth, I generally offer both image & text ads and find that serving a good balance of both in my GDN campaigns keeps costs reasonable.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*