AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Browser

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi, why do I get the message "your browser is not supported"? I have exactly the same software as my co-worker, and he doesn´t get the message. I can make payments on his computer - not on my computer. What do I do - and what´s the difference? We both have Explorer 8.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Browser

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Google is ceasing support for IE 8 in June;

See the last post in the following discussion;

We are already at IE 10. - Why aren't you upgrading?

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Google-Ads-cease-support-for-In...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Isn't that wonderful, ceasing support for IE 8. That also means, to a certain extent, XP with any version of IE will not be supported. Our shop is still all XP, except for the servers. It all works just fine, but we will be forced to upgrade, at a significant expense, to Windows 8, and I'm not certain all our in house software will work.

"We are already at IE 10. - Why aren't you upgrading?" Because it will cost a very significant amount of money to do so.

What can you do? Use Firefox or Chrome.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@petebardo ;

We had the same issue in my firm.
At some point you need to take the decision and do the upgrade;. XP is a legacy system that is slowly phasing out, If licenses for WIN7 still available - I would upgrade to WIN 7.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I know, Moshe. I've been putting it off for too long. We have some technical issues with 7 and 8. Software and drivers are not yet available for our matte cutter for anything past XP.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords