AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Browser selectivity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're running our 1st adwords campaign tomorrow and we're all set - except for the fact that our somewhat ready site does not work on Internet Explorer. While we'll fix the problem in due course, for now, we need to avoid our ad being served up to people searching using Internet Explorer. How can I do this ? thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Browser selectivity

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi & Welcome,

I don't think its possible to prevent your ads from being served from a specific browser but I am not sure about it. I haven't experienced it before.But what i think is you need to fix the issues first & pause the campaigns as of now.Once it is fixed up then again live the campaign.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

I do know that this would be a great tool for some folks, to be able to target browsers, but as Shuva pointed out, it's not currently available.  

I would suggest that you do everything in your power to ensure your site is ready prior to starting your campaign.  You want the user experience to be as great as possible.  

Also, if the Google Ads-Bot has trouble viewing your site, or has trouble with rendering the site, you risk having your ads disapproved.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi & Welcome,

I don't think its possible to prevent your ads from being served from a specific browser but I am not sure about it. I haven't experienced it before.But what i think is you need to fix the issues first & pause the campaigns as of now.Once it is fixed up then again live the campaign.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

I do know that this would be a great tool for some folks, to be able to target browsers, but as Shuva pointed out, it's not currently available.  

I would suggest that you do everything in your power to ensure your site is ready prior to starting your campaign.  You want the user experience to be as great as possible.  

Also, if the Google Ads-Bot has trouble viewing your site, or has trouble with rendering the site, you risk having your ads disapproved.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi manish, I've got to second Tommy here.  Unless you have a very very good reason for starting your campaign now, knowing that your site won't perform for some users, the sensible approach is to make sure your site works properly before you spend any money.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits