2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Broad match modifier versus phrase much bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if I have a term in modified broad match, should I still bid more on phrase than modified broad match?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Broad match modifier versus phrase much bidding

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

I think you should read this article by @David_Precisera i love the way he has explained this situation

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

Thanks for sending the article over.

However, I guess I should have been more clear. The question I have is on regards on how much should I bid if I have a keyword in all three separate match types.

Right now my bids go for example: Exact $6.00
Phrase $4.25
Modified broad match $3.75

And more to this point I am not really clear if it’s the best approach to have all matches as a start in a brand new campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Angela

Exactly how much you should bid for a specific is impossible for us to say (depends on your margins etc).
But I do think it´s a good practice to increase bids by match type narrowness.

I ´d recommend to have all match types at start, in order to collect data at as high level as possible from the beginning.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Angela, further to the replies you've already received, I would also add that what you bid for any Keyword should ideally be informed by the performance of that Keyword in terms of your advertising goals.

Phrase matches may, for example, be more closely tied to your products, but - for one reason or another - they may not produce the better conversion rate or ROAS (Return on Advertising Spend).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I have a question: If you are dealing with keywords that usually come in several standard forms, models or specification ( ex. car engines with different type of engine power) would you use phrase match or modified broad match ( if you are selling lets say several types of benz engines).

Thanks.