Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Broad Match Modifier

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is it a good practice to add all the combinations of a keyword in BMM?

For eg: If there is a keyword ' a b c'; shall I add +a +b +c, +b +a +c and +c +a +b and the rest combinations or shall I only add +a +b +c ?

Thanks,

Richa

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Broad Match Modifier

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Richa,

There is no need to add different combination of words in BMM, they will be counted as duplicate.

In BMM, the ads will trigger for the user queries if the queries include all the words with +, no matter how these are phrased.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Richa,

As a side note, it really depends upon whether you want any particular word be in the search query user enters which you are specifically using it as a broad modifier keyword.

My suggestion would be to focus on quality of your keywords selection, rather than going for the quantity. All it matters is the right targeted keywords which are relevant to your audiences.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Richa,

To add on to @pankaj1782 and @Archit replies, I will suggest you more about broad matches, you dont need to add + to every keyword. If that keyword as Pankaj said is a quality keyword for your website then add it.

I dont know which industry you are marketing for, but i will give you an example of real estate to make it easy for you to decide the quality - Suppose you want to sell homes in dwarka delhi then your broad match modifier can be

homes in +dwarka +delhi This will show ads for keywords which have dwarka and delhi, but not necessary they should be in the same format as written above, your ad will also show if someone searches dwarka homes delhi, delhi homes dwarka, best delhi homes in dwarka and such keywords.

homes +dwarka +delhi again will show up for all the above queries

Remember all prepositions, pronouns, misspellings, everything will be automically shown up. So you dont need to necessarily add + before in, on, there, above and all such query connectors.

Hope this helps!