Guide Me
star_border

Bridge policy violation

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been running various sites on adwords for a couple of years, but my latest has been rejected for being a bridge site. Not too sure what is expected. It does have links to my other sites, but that is because they are related, but the site itself is self contained and has a lot of unique content designed to promote this product. The notion that my landing page is purely a jump page is, I feel, Incorrect as it is intended to promote the product that is on it!!!!

Would be grateful for any advice. Site is at http://www.lisaprosinger.com if you could help me figure out what I need to change I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: brigde policy violation

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lisaprosinger and welcome to our community;

According to AdWords policy:

bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site.

The main purpose of your landing page is to redirect users to the following link: http://www.themusicals.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Celine/html/index.html

Thus; it falls under the category of a bridge site - NOT permitted by the Policy;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Lisa, I think I know what's wrong.

Your domain name isn't hosted on your web account. It's basically an iframe which has the contents of your actual site in one of the frames.

You need to get a web guy to transfer the blueyonder files onto a proper hosting account and change the link references.. Very easy job to do for a static html file.. Should cost less than £100 to do.

You're not doing anything misleading, but a lot of people may use this technique to do a lot of blackhat and scammy stuff. So adwords donest like it. You need to get it fixed.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Alternatively you could just land the ads directly on the blueyonder page http://www.themusicals.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Celine/html/index.html# instead of your branded domain.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

I think morecaffeine is on to something here. This is related to the frames on your site. Framing the content of other sites is not allowed. I have no idea why they would call this a bridge page, but it is definitely not allowed.

You say you have multiple websites. Are they all promoting the same content? If they are, if you have separate accounts for http://www.lisaprosinger.com/ and also for http://www.themusicals.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk, you are most likely in violation of the double serving policy, which could get you permanently banned from AdWords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete

I'm aware that you're not allowed to set up two adwords accounts for one website.

So where does that rule stand in relation to OPs website? blueyonder is a ISP domain, not owned or controlled by the OP. Woulld her subdomain be recognised as a seperate website from www.blueyonder.co.uk?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, my domain is from godaddy and this is how they forward to the content but persist the domain in the url bar. All of my other campaigns were set up the same way, so I guess that Google have changed their policy. I take it that no masked domain will ever work then with ads, and therefore this renders my godaddy domains useless for this?

Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi morecaffeine,

Yes, her subdomain would be recognized as it is different from www.blueyonder.co.uk.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Lisa.

1. sign up to an affordable web host, I replied with a recommendation earlier, but the post was deleted by mods, I'm guessing I'm not allowed to post recommendations in the community.

2. Upload the files in your blueyonder host, to the web host.

3. get the nameservers from the web host it would be something like ns1.google.com, ns2.google.com (replacing google with the webhost domain)

4. Log into godaddy and select "set nameservers" and enter the above nameserver.. (you may need to disable forwarding).

5. Log back into your web host and add your lisaprosinger.co.uk as an "addon domain"

Now you will will set your url to properly work with your website, and you won't fall foul of Google's bridge page policies.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks pete, makes sense.