AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Branded keywords not showing due to low search volume...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I´m trying to make a campaing on the name of my company, so that when my customers search for our brand they might be able to find it. However, the ads are not showing due to "low search volume". Obviously there is not many people searching for my company as it´s brand new, but are there any solutions for this?

Re: Branded keywords not showing due to low search volume...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aleksander

I would give the keyword multiple match types - set it as exact, phrase, and broad match - and I would set the bid on the higher end.

Also, even though the brand is new and the volume is very low right now, it will likely change in the near future and Google will start showing ads for your brand terms. So I would leave the campaign running even though it says "low search volume" at the moment. See the following from Google:

When you have a keyword with low search volume, you have a couple of options:

• You can choose to do nothing and wait for us to automatically check again in a week. If more people start searching for your keyword, we'll reactivate it. This option can be particularly helpful if you're advertising a new brand, term, or product.

Hope this gives some help!

Re: Branded keywords not showing due to low search volume...

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Aleksander,

I'd start with all the match types like Ben has suggested. Since you are a new brand this search volume trend is to be expected, hence, your AdWords campaigns for the start should focus on Non brand keywords so that people who search for the service / product that you provide start seeing your ad and hence associate your brand with the same.

If you have marketing budget that you will be using for promoting your brand (online or offline), then it'd make sense to check your campaigns on the day and a few days post the activity to see if the needle has moved since people would go search for the brand if say you had an event and got the audience intrigued during the same.

You could also consider running Google Display / Youtube campaigns to promote your brand to users who would be browsing content that you feel someone interested in your product / service would be watching or content / browsing behavior exhibited by your target audience. Facebook or other channels can also help get your brand out there so that people know you exist. Once you succeed there, then the searches will come.

Cheers,

N