Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Branded Terms in Ad Copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a question in regards of the Ad Copies. One of my customers is looking to recruit new people to become cosmetic representative for the AVON cosmetic products. The customer kindly sent me a list of keywords and ad copies used in the past, however the ad copies contain the word AVON in between the lines.

Considering the fact that Google disapproves branded words in the adverts how is possible that my customer worked with this ad copies?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simone P
October 2015

Re: Branded Terms in Ad Copy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There are two important things-

Google does not prevent advertisers to use any specific brand name in ad copies till the brand/trademark owner files a complaint with Google, seeks to stop the use of its brand name, and submits documents in support.

Second, an advertiser can still use a trademarked brand name in ads if he is authorised by the brand owner for such usage. Google needs a Trademark authorisation request from the brand in such a scenario.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Simone,

You are right it will get disapproved, You can use the trademark term in your keywords not the adcopies.

For your reference: Trademark Policy

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Simone, it depends. Sometimes you can get a certificate from Google to be able to use trademark terms in your ad.copies. In this particular case I would recommend to request exception when you will save the ads so Google team can review them and give you feedback.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simone P
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There are two important things-

Google does not prevent advertisers to use any specific brand name in ad copies till the brand/trademark owner files a complaint with Google, seeks to stop the use of its brand name, and submits documents in support.

Second, an advertiser can still use a trademarked brand name in ads if he is authorised by the brand owner for such usage. Google needs a Trademark authorisation request from the brand in such a scenario.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.