Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bounce rate in adwords per keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Unfortunatly I can not find bounce rate per keyword in Adwords. That is easily found in analytics, but how can I enable that in adwords? 

Anyone has insight here?

Thanks

Tonje

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Bounce rate in adwords per keyword

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 7
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Good news! Now you can link your Google Aanalytics (GA) and AdWords accounts so that you can see GA's bounce rate, avg time on site and avg pageview metrics directly within your Adwords reporting. 

For more information, please, read this useful Help Center article

Best,

Zee
G+

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Tonje;

As far as I am familiar, AdWords gives only the basic data, that is directly related to the campaigns. Extended data analysis is "reserved" to Analytics.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your immediate response. Appreciate it. It is a litte bit annoying to need to go back and forth between analytics and adwords to delete keywords with high bounce rate. Was hoping it was an easier way to see it....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tonje,

Do you have conversion tracking set up? 

If you're looking at Adwords clicks in relation to bounces in Analyitcs to remove keywords, why not just review clicks & conversion rates right in Adwords to determine the non-performers?

Just a thought.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

There are conversions, and micro-conversions. Between useful keywords and useless keywords there are always keywords for which you get many page views, or a high time on site. Those might be useful.

I'd never use AdWords without Analytics, if not for anything else at least because AdWords is blind to everything post-click related, except the conversions.

And then there are Search Funnels, Multi-Channel Funnels (where you can see assist conversions as well as last interaction ones), and also people browsing a website from many devices before converting from one, so it's a pretty tricky decision, cutting something out.

However, as Tonje said, if you get consistent high rates for one keyword, that's clearly a reason to remove it. Or is it? Smiley Happy

I thought about it for quite a while, and even wrote a blog post somewhat related to it. I personally don't think it's about the keyword, but rather about the search term / ad / landing page, complete experience. The fact that one search term, in combination with one ad, which landed on one page, resulted in a bounce, does not mean that the keyword alone is at fault.

Of course, when that keyword attracts 100 bounces and one useful visit, it should be removed and that useful visit should have its associated search term promoted to keyword level. But there are times when one keyword may bring good visits and bad visits, and that also depends on the ad and the landing page.

And I think that, my rant aside, that this is another thread showing potential.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

you can links your Analytics and Adwords account and check bounce rate at campaign, Ad Group and keyword level. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 7
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Good news! Now you can link your Google Aanalytics (GA) and AdWords accounts so that you can see GA's bounce rate, avg time on site and avg pageview metrics directly within your Adwords reporting. 

For more information, please, read this useful Help Center article

Best,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Zee,

That's great news regarding the inclusion of bounce rates directly within Adwords reporting.

Does Google publish any data on bounce rates and keywords outside of Adwords, like in Trends? Perhaps that a person can use to see which keywords are struggling to find the right sites/content and that they could use that data to potentially build services/content to satisfy those needs?

For example, if the term "online loan application" has high bounce rates, that could help someone in the loan application business know there is potentially a need in that what currently is being shown to searchers is falling behind or not satisfying the need. Anything that produced bounce rate - keyword data?

Figured you'd be the one to ask. Thanks.