AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Book ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i want to use Adwords FTP market my novel. Does it have to point to my website or can I point it to my amazon page?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pattc
September 2015

Re: Book ad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I would like to caution you about the Bridge page policy here ( http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435 ) which Adwords has in place, so that you know what what you are doing and is well aware of all the after affects.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pattc,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

@Pattc wrote:

i want to use Adwords FTP market my novel. Does it have to point to my website or can I point it to my amazon page?

I would encourage you to sell your novels using your own website if you want to advertise on Google Adwords. But don't create a standalone page which has your novel listed and the shopping available only on Amazon and not on your website itself. If possible try to have the payment gateway feature on your website.

There have been many instances where advertisers have suffered a lot (account suspension in worst cases), where they tried advertising Amazon. I would encourage you to read this thread where TC Calin has shared excellent opinion on this particular subject.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the quick reply. I would prefer my landing page to be my amazon page. I do not sell my book on my website but merely point them to my amazon sales page. i self publish with amazon and want to create an ad for the ebook which is only available on amazon. If I produce my own landing page it only creates a layer between the ad and my sales page on amazon.

thank you also for the suggestions, I will be checking it out.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pattc
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I would like to caution you about the Bridge page policy here ( http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435 ) which Adwords has in place, so that you know what what you are doing and is well aware of all the after affects.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I'm very new at this. I think I'll take the free help offered by Google to help me get started. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Pattc,

You will be much better off to point your ad at your own web site, even if that means an extra click. Otherwise, you will be competing with Amazon for impressions, and that can't be a good thing. It also gives you the opporunity to create unique copy for your landing page, which will improve your quality scores.

If your web site is not a one page site and includes the required privacy statement(s), I would recommend this approach.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What are required privacy statements? Thank you, Pete