4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Blogger/Blogspot based site for google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am planning to advertise my site thru google ppc. but my website is based on blooger/blogspot website with 3rd party domain. will it cause issues? Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Blogger/Blogspot based site for google adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi @Cavite R,

Sure. You Can advertise for your website that is based on blogger/blogspot as you have mentioned.
Paid options can be a great source of traffic for your blog.
With paid search you can get lots of right kind of traffic for your blog.
But if you redirect your blog visitors to other website by clicking on any link, then your ads will be dispproved as per Google Ad Policy

If you need to increase the traffic to your blog post and increase the number of readers of your blog, there is no problem in doing AdWords.

But if you are selling any product through your blog, then it would be a diificult task and mostly it will violate advertising policy if you move to another site as mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Manikandan G.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Cavite,

My understanding is that you have created and published a blogger.com blog that is sitting on a blogspot.com URL. As Manikandan said above you are free to advertise your blog via AdWords. However, in case you wish to monetize the blog, please give attention to avoid bumping into the Bridge page policy.

You can find useful tips in the article authored by Googler @Prashanti, clicking on the below link.

***   Google AdWords Bridge Page policy - How to avoid this policy violation   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Google-AdWords-Bridge-Page-policy-How-to-avoid-th...

The above said I'd note that using AdWords to accrue readers is not a usual strategy from bloggers who typically prefer free traffic.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the prompt reply. So it won't cause issues like low quality score leading to bigger cost? Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Cavite,

You are advised to focus on the above said. No special issues with Quality Score just because of blogspt.com. However, if multiple bloggers like you link their ads to blogspot.com, maximum one of them will show for any particular search made by a user.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

blogger use how add to put on blog

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.