AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Billing says clicks but Keywords report says none!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys

I'm a newbie to all this and a bit confused. I am running a campaign and in the first 24 hours saw no clicks so I've been tweaking it to get more of them. But my billing saya I've got 28 clicks already! I can't see any data for these in my keywords report or any of the report s associated with the campaign. I'm not sure what's going on!

Anyone got any ideas as to what's happening?

Thanks

Andy

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Billing says clicks but Keywords report says none!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello AJ_Chamberlain and Welcome;

Make sure that your reporting dates ( upper corner of user interface) are set correctly.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

If you're serving traffic on the Display network, downloaded reports are unlikely to show clicks on those keywords. Although Google has recently shifted to showing clicks against keywords in Display campaigns, as far as I know, the downloadable reports don't yet show those clicks.

Also, when it comes to posting data--not all tabs update at the same speed. Looking at "same day" data is never going to provide you with an accurate view of what's happening in your account because impression and click data from different sources update at different rates. (Again, you need to wait 24-48 hours to see most of the data settle in accurately for Display advertising.)

Aside from that, I agree with Moshe that not realizing they've selected the wrong date range to view for data is probably the #1 cause of this problem when folks have it. Smiley Happy

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks guys - it was the date thing that had confused me , I needed to set the date as today!

Cheers

Andy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Andy,

Glad that's cleared out Smiley Happy

Just wanted to add that Google detects unnatural click patterns (called as 'Invalid Clicks'), and refunds the amount charged to you for these clicks after a few days. This can be viewed in the billing tab and also by adding the 'Invaid Clicks' column in the interface reports.

You can read more on this here.

Regards,

Nikhil 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So what if "All Time" is selected and keywords still aren't showing. The past few days show billing for clicks, but no keywords are shown.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ADS NOT RUNNING BILL KEEPS RUNING UP AND ADWORDS KEEPS CHARGING ME.

I registerd yestrday,when i search  Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool

theres no add showing,but i got charged almost 29$,what is the issue,every time i checked with tool its showing (Your ad is not showing) but how i got charged,please explain

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2013.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.