Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Big Issue - New ads with same copy different URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A client site was experiencing some problems so we needed to temporarily change where we point traffic late last week. We thought it was best to point all traffic to the homepage and return to deep linking once the matter is resolved.

To do this I thought I would pause all current problem URL’s and add new duplicate ads changing only the URL. But it turns out instead of adding new ads Editor treated this upload as an edit and my old ads my were deleted and replaced with new ads. I am left confused as I uploaded new ads rather than edited current ads.

The route I took using Editor is as follows:

1. Download all active running ads (CSV) and change URLs whilst deleting all columns apart from 

all required by AdWords Editor (Campaign, Ad Group, Ad, Des Line 1, Des Line 2, Display URL, Destination URL and Device Pref)

2. Pause current ads that where pointing at problem pages.

3. Go to multiple changes/add multiple ads and pasted the columns into Editor and posted after checking changes. 

Can anyone spot where it went wrong? And hopefully tell me how I can actually create new ads (with the same copy but only changing the URL) without deleting/replacing existing ads?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Baltej W
September 2015

Re: Big Issue - New ads with same copy different URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Baltej,

Welcome to the AdWords Forum Smiley Happy

Go to "setting" under "Tool Tab" in the Editor>> Then Select " Create new ad if Display URL or destination url is different.

Editor.PNG

Then upload the ads.

You can easily done.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Baltej

Just an suggestion, add keyword level destination URL for the time being, if possible in your case.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There is also one more alternative solutions, if you have one destination URL for all ads.

You can directly change all the ads URL by keeping old ad copy in paused state in adwords interface:-

Go to the AdS Tab>> Then select all ads>>>Click on the Edit tab>>>>select "Change Text ads>>

Then Check Mark the box of "Duplicate selected text ads and set text in duplicates"

AdWords URL.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the solution!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not getting the 'Editor Tab', can u pls help me with this.....Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭