1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Bidding high

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it true that bidding too high on adgroup or keyword level is not good?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
September 2015

Re: Bidding high

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No, if this is the difference then you don't need to decrease it, I thought that you want to bid $10 or something. One more thing, yes Google charge only what is minimal required to rank higher in the auction but bidding too high can lead you to pay more if the competitors started increasing their bid to rank higher or just unnecessarily to make you pay more.

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santosh

Its upto you totally, if your thresholds allow you to bid high then no one can stop you, but it can lead you to pay more for each and every click.

It is advisable to optimize your account in order increase your Quality Score and add Ad Extension to your campaign in order to improve your Ad Rank so that you don't have to bid high for ranking higher in the auction.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi santosh, it's probably easier to say that if your Ads are constantly showing at position #1.0 (always right at the top) then you may be spending more than necessary.  While there are no "rules" about this, many advertisers find that positions lower than #1 can work just as effectively and save them spend on each click.  If you only get 10 clicks a month, you probably won't save very much; if you get 20,000 clicks a month, these savings can be substantial.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
According to Google the most that I'll pay is what's minimally required to hold my ad position and any ad formats that are shown with your ad, such as sitelinks. If it is true why bidding high is too bad.

In my case as far as QS of Keyword's is concern that is fine for me (lies b/w 9 & 10).I am bidding 35 cent per click on adgroup level and average CPC is around 20 cent that is why I asked this question . should I decrease the bid ?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No, if this is the difference then you don't need to decrease it, I thought that you want to bid $10 or something. One more thing, yes Google charge only what is minimal required to rank higher in the auction but bidding too high can lead you to pay more if the competitors started increasing their bid to rank higher or just unnecessarily to make you pay more.

Abhishek